The Jaguar XF is without doubt one of the very important models for the Jaguar Company that has changed ownership from Ford to India’s Tata Motors. Three years after the market launch of the Jaguar XF at Frankfurt Motor Show in 2007, the company is planning a facelift version of this car which will be premiered next month at the New York Motor Show.
The best news is that the new facelift version of this car will have a 2.2liter four cylinder turbo diesel engine, this engine is developed by the Ford unit and is also found in the Land Rover Freelander. Considering this car to be a rear wheel drive, a number of changes have been made to this engine as well.
This makeover version of the car includes:
- New front fascia and lights
- Redesigned front grille and reshaped bumper which makes it look more similar to the C-XF Concept car that was originally previewed
- Interior improvements include new tech systems and improved suspension for better ride and handling
Few of these changes include:
- Water cooled turbocharger with low friction pistons
- New injectors and new crankshaft
- New stop-start system
- The engine produces 190HP and around 332lb-ft of torque
- Car provides a mileage of 52.3mpg as claimed by the company
- Emits 149g/km of CO2
- An eight speed automatic gearbox that pushes the car to a max speed 140mph with an acceleration of 62mph in 8.5 seconds
More photos will be soon released with added information about this car.