Launched today in Australia is the refreshed Holden Captiva Series 2, now confusions might exist between this car and the Captiva 5 Series. The difference is that the latter is based on Opel Antara while the Captiva 7 is Holden’s version of the Chevrolet model sold under the same name in Europe.
The latest Holden Captiva 7 Series 2 is introduced with few up gradations to the styling and even performance related issues. The company has chopped off $2000 from the recommended retail price of all Series 1 Captiva 7 models.
The features of this car are pretty striking as they make a perfect impression of a power packed ride. Be it the interiors or exterior enhancements, this car looks like a powerhouse. Few of the contributing features are as follows
- The Holden Captiva 7 Series 2 has completely new front and end styling with different headlamps.
- The car comes with new grills and rear-front bumper designs.
- Clear lens tail lamps, restyled alloy wheels and turn signals integrated into external mirrors make this car worth the second glance.
The car is spacious with plush interiors, seats that can be folded to provide more space, a powerful air conditioning system and ample booty space make the Holden Captiva 7 Series 2 a nice ride for family trips as well. The car is well suited to fulfill most of the consumer need, be it comfort or performance, you get it all here.
The car has been made technically sound, coupled with the latest navigation technology, the dashboard is very impressive and provide a number of entertainment and communication related solutions.
The engine is a powerhouse, that too available in three variants. A look into the technical specs of the different engines reveals
- A 2.2liter 4-cylinder turbo diesel engine that churns out 181HP, 23% more power and 25% more torque than its predecessor.
- A 3.0liter SIDI V6 engine that produces 225HP which is 12% more than the old version.
- A 2.4liter 4cylinder gasoline engine that provides 165HP is also available.
A lot of updates have been added to the car’s suspension, transmission and sound insulation. All these features and more make the Holden Captiva 7 Series 2 a car to look out for, with the reasonable pricing this car will surely make its mark and live up to the standards.