At the LA Auto Show Auto 2012, auto major Chevrolet has declared that by early 2013, the US variants of the company’s popular models comprising Chevrolet Spark and Sonic/Aveo will come fitted with the Siri software.
With the assistance of the vehicles’ standard Chevrolet MyLink infotainment structure, clients with a well-matched iPhone (4S or above) can direct Siri to carry out several jobs whilst they securely position their eyes on the road ahead and their hands on the steering.
Users simply hook up their iPhone with the MyLink radio through Bluetooth, link with the said system, and make use of the steering wheel voice activation key in order to commence and finish sessions with Siri in Eyes Free mode.
In the United States, the possessors of Spark and Sonic RS can make use of Siri in Eyes Free mode to:
- Enjoy voice-activated, hands-free calls to people saved in the contact list of their iPhone
- Enjoy songs in the iTunes records, and even turn on music mechanically from AM/FM/XM radio to iPod mode
- heed, and compile and forward an iMessage or SMS to a number or any person in saved contacts list
- check Calendar and append assignments
- diminish interruption even more by placing the iPhone screen of the iPhone from lighting up, even when Siri answers simple questions such as game scores or the dates of national holidays
Cristi Landy, Chevrolet marketing director for small vehicles stated, “It says a lot regarding our promise small-car clients that the company has declared that Siri Eyes Free potential will be accessible in the Spark and Sonic well before the luxury vehicles.”
“Secure, trouble-free, dependable and transportable connectivity is the main priority for our clients, and Siri complements MyLink’s subsisting potentialities to aid deliver an unbelievable driving experience.”